Pages

Monday, August 15, 2016

Looneyspoons' Asian Coleslaw with a Sesame-Ginger Dressing

I am not going to lie to you... I love me some cabbage salad. It's a slight food obsession of mine. I'll eat it non-stop for a couple weeks, then take a break for 5 months. Well, guess what peeps?!  I am currently mid obsession because I found a new recipe and naturally, I need to share it with you good people.

Typically I buy the coleslaw prepackaged mix, toss with 1/2 olive oil and 1/2 seasoned rice vinegar, add some nuts de jour and maybe avocado...but today, I share with you the Looneyspoon ladies delicious Nat King Coleslaw recipe.

I have eaten it the last 3 days and need to make batch number 2 #cantstopwontstop

Cabbage is some good ol diet food as well. *small digression* I once went out to camp with my grandma for a week after coming home from university (tired, hungover, fat, hungover, tired - you know how it goes). In a week of watching movies, stuffing my face with our simple cabbage mix noted above and even our infamous camp gingerbread cookies I lost 8 lbs. I came to town a new woman. Thank god for cabbage and Grandma Max.*digression over, you can keep reading*

Ingredients

Dressing
1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp grated gingerroot

Salad
1 pkg (about 1lb) coleslaw mix
2 cups bean sprouts
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 large Red Delicious apple unpeeled, cored and shredded ** I used 2 Granny Smith Apples peeled & finely chopped instead because GS are the only kind of apple in my eyes**
I also added some peanuts and slivered almonds

Directions

Wisk dressing ingredients in a small bowl. In a large bowl combine all of the salad ingredients and toss with dressing. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.

Good news, this salad tastes as good or better on day 3.

Cabbage Salad
All ready for tossing 



3 comments:

  1. Sanar Care is providing Cardiac and Diabetic Care tests at an affordable price, no need to worry about the quality of tests as we provide the best quality tests. Mahajan Imaging offers the best Cardiac and Diabetic Care package which includes CBC, ESR, Urine R/M, B Sugar, HBA1C Etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Best Ayurvedic Sexologist in Delhi for male sexual diseases, Dr. Inderjeet singh gautam has steered thousands of patients towards a healthier path for over 25 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spine tumor treatment is always complicated and painful, but if done in the right way it can be effective and have few side effects. We provide you with tips and tricks to treat spine tumors. Consult Dr. Vikas Kathuria for the Best Treatment of Spine Tumor

    ReplyDelete